Friday, March 28, 2014

Week Two Chapter Excerpts from The Ex Chronicles: Everything Changes

  Day 5

Damn him to hell for being so beautiful, Precious silently curses Darius. He is a deep chocolate dream: fat sexy lips, body of death; all her favorite things. His tight top outlines his muscular biceps and broad chest. When he shoves his hands deep into the pockets of his jeans, they dip dangerously low past his boxers. When Darius looks down at the ground, his dreadlocks frame his face. Precious takes that inopportune moment to remember that not a week ago that face had been between her legs.    
They stand looking at each other, not saying a word as people pass by them. Then Darius puts his hand under her chin and looks into her eyes. “I miss you baby girl,” he whispers. Precious can barely hear him; the blood is pounding so loudly in her head.
“It’s you I love. You know that. I’ve never loved anyone else.”
            Precious pulls her chin out of his hand but doesn’t have the strength to pull away. “How can I ever trust you again? All you’ve ever done is lie to me.”
“I’m not lying when I tell you I love you. I do.” Darius grips her shoulders and pulls her into his arms. “I love you, Precious. I know I don’t deserve you, but I want you back.”

That’s when Precious remembers what a cheating asshole he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment